The new My Little Pony movie comes out today and I am so excited that I’ve decided to make my own My Little Pony treat to celebrate! I’ve been a huge My Little Pony fan since I was a kid and still am a fan of the animated series and even the comic books (because Friendship is Magic!) While thinking about magical, cute and delicious treats, cheesecake bars came to mind! Not only are they sooooooooo gooooood but you can add a little extra magic to them by coloring them however you like!
In addition to celebrating with treats, I’m hosting a giveaway to receive two tickets to the new My Little Pony movie as well as an activity book, compact comb/mirror, temporary tattoos, and a bag with a surprise pony inside! Just head on over to my Instagram page to enter!
Now here’s some pics of the process and scroll to the bottom for the recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST
9 graham crackers (1 sleeve)
6 tbsp. melted butter
1/4 c. sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sour cream
3/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of kosher salt
Food dye of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8-x-8” pan with parchment paper.
2. Make crust: In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, blend graham crackers until fine crumbs form. Add to a bowl with melted butter and mix until combined. Press tightly into prepared pan. Making cheesecake filling: In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and salt and beat until combined.
3. Divide mixture between four small bowl (or one bowl for each color you’re using) and add a couple drops of a different food coloring to each bowl. Stir to combine, adjusting color as desired. Add spoonfuls of the dyed cheesecake mixture to graham cracker crust, alternating colors until you’ve used up all the mixture. Swirl the colors together with a knife.
4. Bake until only slightly jiggly, about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly, then refrigerate until completely cold, at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
5. Slice into bars and serve.